Here We Goooooo!!!
Today’s Disney World Weather Forecast:
Partly cloudy and windy, with a low of 58 and a high of 85! The current temp is 69 degrees. I’ll take it! Up here in Buffalo it’s not too bad today. Cloudy, windy and 66 degrees! That is very unusual for this time of year, although we do tend to get a few “Spring teasers” in January and February.
Disney Song of the Day:
A Very Merry UnBirthday from Alice in Wonderland
(I am still figuring out the kinks! If anyone has tips on how to get these things to post, please help!)
Disney Quote of the Day:
“I you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you.”
– Winnie the Pooh
Recipe of the Day:
One of my favorite indulgently delicious breakfast treats is TONGA TOAST! It can be found on the menu at the Kona Cafe at Disney’s Polynesia Resort. This decadent breakfast favorite has been served for more than a quarter century at the Polynesian Resort.
1 cup of sugar
2 teaspoons of cinnamon
1 8 inch loaf of sourdough bread
2 peeled bananas
1 quart of canola oil for frying
1. Mix the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl, with a fork until well blended, and set aside.
2. Slice the bread in to four 2 inch thick slices.
3. Cut each banana in half, crosswise, and then each piece lengthwise.
4. Place a slice of bread flat on the counter and tear out just enough from the middle (do not tear all the way through) to stuff half of a banana in to it. Repeat with each slice of bread.
5. In a large pot or deep fryer heat the oil to 350 degrees.
6. Place bread slices in to the oil one at a time for one minute or so until it is golden brown. Turn the bread and fry on the other side for one minute as well.
7. Remove the bread, toss in sugar and cinnamon while still hot.